网站地图关于我们

查看相册 View Gallery
给刚刚在建筑行业起步的你10条金玉良言第1张图片

从25年建筑实践中学到的最重要的经验
Important Lessons Learned in 25 Years of Architecture Practice

由专筑网芮万里,李韧编译

这篇文章最早来自由Archipreneur发表的“25年建筑生涯实践中最重要的十点经验”。它是Archipreneur对DIALOG’s Toronto 工作室的创始人Craig Applegath进行的部分采访内容。

这篇文章所讲述的经验都是他从自己的150个建筑实践经验中总结而来,同时为那些有兴趣开展自己建筑事业的创业者们提供的10个建议。

当我开始第一次自己的建筑设计工作时,我以为每个人都希望可以有这样的机会。但事实并非如此,大多数人只是希望能够参与别人的优秀项目而已。

但是对于那些真正知道自己想要什么的建筑创业者而言,最有趣刺激的便是开始一项属于自己的建筑设计项目;并且当你开始做自己的事业时你并不会感到害怕和焦虑!因为建筑创业有利有弊。

在这里,我将过去25年的建筑实践总结成10条重要的经验,在此希望能给那些正在开启自己建筑创业之路的人们一点点启发。

1. 设计你的人生

在你开始自己的建筑创业之前,要明确选择这条创业之路对你来说是否正确,并且要明确自己想要将它做成什么样子。

有一种做好这件事的最佳方式,这也是你已经相当擅长做的方式:设计思维。

然而,为了真正让设计思维有效地应用于设计你的职业生涯,阅读Bill Burnett和Dave Evans的书籍是你所需要做的第一件事。(我目前正通过它们来规划职业生涯的下一个10年计划。)

在书里他们将教会你如何提出正确的问题以使你能够真正解决问题。

最后你想要做的是以一个完美的商业理念开启你的创业之路, 但是仅仅有理念并不能够帮助你成功,你需要尽可能地完善你的职业生涯,不断地充实自己,这样你才会成为成功的人。

2. 竖立与众不同的目标

想要成功,你需要引导自己去寻找一种有意义的、有目标的生活方式——也就是说,你需要一种能够为的工作提供强劲动力的生活。

作为人生规划的一部分你将需要在这方面考虑很多。

不要在人到中年的时候才追悔莫及!

生命是短暂的,并且需要有激情有目标地生活。

去赚钱或者赢得设计竞赛,为生活竖立目标是解决中年危机的灵丹妙药。

你需要赚取成功的资本,获得设计竞赛的大奖也许能帮助你成功,但是它们也是你取得最终成功的一种手段和方式。

而对你而言最终的成功是什么,你需要很认真地去思考这个问题。

一些为人们服务的目标包括提升你所在社区的幸福指数;为你的顾客提供咨询并对他们的成功产生实质影响;在设计项目的时候减少对环境的损害;并且提升设计质量。

作为一名设计师,我们拥有大量的机会和责任去创造能够提升其他人生活品质的设计,并且这也为创业实践者提供了丰富的机会去获得富有以及充满意义的职业生涯。

3. 为自己制定一个20年的规划

每当我告诉实习生们他们需要为自己制定一个20年规划时,他们都不可思议,最典型的例子是他们会告诉我他们没有足够的时间思考自己在接下来的五年里要做的事情,更别说是二十年了。

但是,以20年为框架去制定你的人生规划是有原因的,因为一个20年的规划才是真正经过深思熟虑的职业规划,因此,如果你想要使你的职业生涯规划充满意义,你将需要在20年的框架内去思考它。

虽然大部分专业人士平均每五年会转业或者改变职位,但是这与规划人生无关,因为一份工作并不能完全地代表你的职业生涯。

工作只是具有明确角色定位和责任的就业场所。

在一份职业生涯的规划中,你应当将它看作是在规划你的人生,并且它也有始有终。

在你职业生涯的初期,你将获得大量的学识和经验。

并且这些经验将会为你传奇般的后期生涯打下坚实的基础。

我最常听见的关于反对制定20年规划的说法是:“在20年中,我也许会改变自己的职业方向。”事实确实如此,你很可能在这一过程中改变你的主意,并且你也许应该每年都考虑一下你的20年规划是否还具有意义。但是这个规划的过程仍然非常有用。

制定20年规划最重要的一点是它可以为你无意识的大脑提供一份重要的地图,并且一旦你的脑海中形成这张地图,你便会敏锐地注意到周围环境中的任相关事物。

换句话说,这是一种让你大脑集中注意的方法,这种方法将会使你知道哪些事情对你来说十分重要。

4. 商业101课程

大多数建筑类院校不会在建筑商业实践方面提供良好的教育基础。

所以,在你辞去你的日常工作并且开始创业生涯之前,你需要在当地的大学去学习如何开始和运营小型商业公司的相关课程。

这将会使你学会关于销售、市场、财务以及管理等方面的基础。

我也建议你去参加一些关于谈判技巧的课程。由于某些原因,建筑师有可能会成为特别糟糕的谈判者,尤其是在为他们的业务争取相应报酬的谈判中。

并且你将会想要建立你自己的关于商业方面的个人资源库。

David Maister写的《管理专业的服务公司》是商业方面的书籍中十分优秀的一本,你能够从中获得如何领导、管理以及提升自己的业务等方面的知识。

这当然也是我理解如何成功地引导以及管理设计实践的首选书籍。

我不认为还有其他书籍会比这本书更能给你带来益处。

5. 阅读,阅读,阅读

我认为成功最重要的组成要素是对于文化、科学技术以及商业知识的不断学习,为此你需要不断地进行阅读——阅读书籍、博客(例如Archipreneur)、新闻报纸以及各种期刊。

你需要广泛深入地进行阅读。你需要去了解你周围更广大的世界,无论你专长和职位是什么并且你将会涉足哪些专业领域,你都需要时刻保持和提高你的专业技术。

那么我这个月的阅读清单上有哪些书呢?

除了标准的期刊和杂志,我正在阅读:Shawn Achor所写的《Before Happiness》;Rebecca Solnit所写的《Hope in the Dark》;Bill Burnett和 Dave Evans所写的《Designing Your Life》;Julian Cribb所写的《Surviving the 21st Century: Humanity’s Ten Great Challenges and How We Can Overcome Them》;Kevin Kelly所写的《 Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future》以及Mark Manson所写的《The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck》。

6. 为自己寻找到一片蓝色的大海

W. Chan Kim 和Renee Mauborgne所著的《Blue Ocean Strategy》里提到企业家要在无争议的海域(蓝色海洋),而不是充满竞争的血腥海域(红色海洋)中寻找商机。

如果你能找到属于自己的蓝色海洋,这将会是一个非常好的建议。

可以确定的一点是,在北美和欧洲,建筑学、城市规划和设计都已经有很成熟的市场,而这也将会限制新人以传统的方式进行的实践。

如果你以墨守成规的方式开始你的创业实践,你将会遇到一打的反对者,通常来说,这些成百上千的竞争者将会拥有比你更加深厚的业务能力以及更广阔的客源网络。

因此,你将需要找到真正有别于竞争对手的东西。

也许你将会成为数字化设计方面的新专家?也许你能够与一个新的建设者合作以形成有利的设计方案?也许你将会成为建筑开放商?无论你计划做什么,你都需要开发一件秘密武器,使你的竞争对手难以进行模仿复制。

在我开始自己的创业之路时,正是互联网逐渐显露的时代,于是我将自己定位为“虚拟建筑师”,并且使用互联网将来自北美各地的咨询顾问来做设计项目,他们大部分都是来自研究生院的朋友。

这听起来很酷,并且我在会议上发表了一些出色的演讲,这在一定程度上赋予了我创业实践的独特性,同时我也意识到了这一点。

7. 建立和提供你自己的人际网络关系

我还没有遇到过哪一个成功的企业家没有自己可以深度信任和依赖的人际网络关系。

从人际网络中可以获得支持;从人际网络中可以寻找线索;从人际网络中可以收获建议;从人际网络中可以获得协作。

人际网络是发掘潜在商业机会的重要纽带。

而开发你的人际网络的最佳指南就是Harvey Mackay所著的《Dig Your Well Before You’re Thirsty》。

其中最重要的一课就是让你了解人际网络并不是用来开发利用,而是应当用以支持你的创业。

你同你想要支持以及关心的人们建立了关系服务,那么他们也会反过来支持你。

关于强调建立一个好的关系网络的重要性我怎么说都不够。

没有一个好的关系网络,你几乎是不可能成功。并且要确保你的关系网络是由一些聪明、高雅并且真诚的人组成,因为就像John Rohn曾经说的:“你是你花费最多时间相处的五个人的平均水平。”

8. 建立伟大的团队

良好的人际网络将会为你的团队提供优秀人才。

除非你计划做一名个人执业者,否则,你需要建立一个伟大的团队来取得成功。

Volumes已经写了如何招募、管理以及激励伟大的团队,并且如果你想要获得成功,你也需要熟悉管理和领导领域。

根据我领导小型和大型实践活动的经验,有关于建立和领导优秀团队方面,我有三个重要的建议需要你关注。

第一就是人才招聘,长期的人际网络合作以及与未来潜在团队成员建立良好的关系。

第二是选择和聘用合适的团队成员。

第三是引导、鼓励以及培养你的团队。

对于你长期发展的创业实践,人才的发掘将会是你最重要的任务之一,并且这一点在管理和领导方面的文学著作中也没有过多的讨论。你如何能够发现未来团队中的成员?你需时刻保持观察。

当你参加行业会议的时候;当你进行公共演讲的时候;当你参加任何类型的专业活动的时候,你都应该不断地找寻适合未来团队的人才。

并且当你发现聪明、有能力、有雄心壮志和创新精神的人才时,一定要特别注意和他们联系并且建立良好的关系。

使他们成为你人际网络中重要的一部分。在未来的某一天,当时机成熟时,你也许能够邀请他们成为你团队的一份子。人才的寻找是一场漫长的游戏!

9. 照顾好自己

除非你身体和精神上都面临挑战,否则你将无法在任何冒险中取得成功——并且面对挑战可以长期保持身体和精神上的耐力。

当你开始你的创业实践时你将会被拉向各种不同方向,并且你将会在创业的要求和压力下继续保持自己的私人生活。

因此,你将需要学习如何照顾好自己,并且保持自己的身心健康。

有两件非常重要的事情你应该要去做,即使是忙到要发疯——事实上,特别是当事情忙碌到人快抓狂的时候。

首先,你应该每周至少休息一个小时并且至少每周锻炼三到四次——一些有氧运动和负重力量训练的组合。

第二,学习如何冥想,并每天进行冥想。如果你是一个冥想的新手,可以尝试使用Headspace 在iphone或者android的app进行协助。

我曾经和许多企业家交谈过,他们都说没有运动和冥想,他们就不能够有效地工作,并且我所读的大多数成功的企业家的著作中也都是这样说的。

10. 做一名理性乐观主义者

在十个经验教训的中,这一条也许最重要。

在过去25年的实践中,我的亲身经历告诉我要尽一切努力将失败和挫折看作是打开新视野的大门的唯一机会。

作为一名私人指导,当客户遇到特别的困难挫折时我会问道:“在这种境遇下有没有得到什么启示,这种启示除了通过遭遇挫折这种方式,是否通过其他的方式也能得到?”

这是一个强大的重构问题,因为它巧妙地将你的大脑和挫折相关的消极情绪重新定位,强制让其开始寻找探索新的机会,这使你能够通过另一方面来看待失败。

我将这种思维上的转变称为理性乐观主义,这种乐观主义是建立在一系列困境的现实基础上,在这种情况下,你才将会有意探索具这种固有的积极机会。

例如,就像北美的大多数建筑公司一样,我们正在经历基于建筑和工程服务的供给和需求方面的费用竞争。

这种压力使得我们公司在保持高水平的专业输出和客户服务之间更加难以保持平衡。

我们并没有通过削减服务和专业水平来缓解费用方面的竞争压力,而是通过大量投资各种设计和生产技术,这将使我们变得更加高效和更加具有生产力,同时还能提升对客户的服务质量。

所以当你面临重大调整甚至失败时,请不断地问自己:“挫折带给了你什么?”

在这个世界上,没有一定会成功的事情,甚至设计领域的商业活动尤其充满了挑战。

但是如果你自己寻找方式来重新思考这十条经验,那么你获得成功的机会将会更大。

最重要的是,你要成为一个理性的乐观主义者。

就像生活一样,生意就是一个接着一个的挑战。

尽你所能将这些挑战看作是你学习和成长的机会。

所以,要总是去问自己当你面临一个艰难的挑战或者是失败的时候,“挫折带给你了什么?”祝你好运,并且希望你能够从中得到乐趣!

Craig Applegath是DIALOG’s Toronto 工作室的创始人之一,并且他也是一位充满激情的设计师,并且坚信建筑形式的力量对于提升社区的幸福感以及场所感充满了意义。

自从于哈佛大学研究生院以城市设计建筑师学士学位毕业后,Craig一直将他的精力集中在引领创新型规划和设计的项目上,用以处理和面对我们身边各种复杂的挑战,同时他主张可持续的建筑设计和城市再生与共生的设计理念。

Craig的实践领域包括公共项目的整体规划和设计,其中有文化博物馆、教育和医疗设施。

Craig除了在专业时项目上兢兢业业,他也会在一些研讨会和国际会议上发表相关的研究和设计探索的演讲。

这包括他最近在布拉格、慕尼黑以及北京的会议上所发表的演讲。

Craig是加拿大可持续发展建筑董事会的一名创始成员,并且也是安大略建筑协会的前任主席。

Craig在哈佛大学、多伦多大学、滑铁卢大学以及世界各地同他的专业和研究领域相关的学校做过演讲和教学。

2001年Craig由于他在专业上的贡献从而成为加拿大皇家建筑研究所的一员。

This article was originally published by Archipreneur as "The 10 Most Important Lessons Learned in 25 Years of Architecture Practice." The article is an expansion on one part of Archipreneur's interview with Craig Applegath, Founding Principal of DIALOG’s Toronto Studio.
The architect spoke from his experience of running a 150-person practice and listed 10 tips for archipreneurs interested in starting their own business. Archipreneur shares that list here.
When I first started my own practice I thought everyone wanted to run their own practice. It turns out not. Most people just want to work in a great practice run by someone else.
But for those who are real archipreneurs – and you know who you are – there is nothing so thrilling and fun as starting your own business; and nothing so scary and anxiety producing as starting your own business! They are the flip side of the same coin.
But in terms of general advice for people starting their own practice or business here are ten key lessons I have learned over the past twenty-five years of practice:

1. Design Your Life
Before starting your own business, make sure that starting a business is the right thing for you, and figure out what kind of business you want to be in.
One of the best ways to do this is through something you are probably pretty good at already: design thinking.
However, to really see design thinking effectively applied to designing your career, reading Bill Burnett and Dave Evans’ book Designing Your Life is one of the first things you should do. (I am actually using it right now to design the next decade of my career.)
One of the things that they show you how to do is ask the right questions so you can solve the right problems.
The last thing you want to do is start a business that is smart as a business idea, but does not succeed in helping you develop the career that will be most fulfilling to you, and that you will be most successful in.

2. Aim to Make a Difference
I think to be successful you need to lead a meaningful, purposeful life – that is, a life that provides you with a powerful and meaningful raison d’etre for what you do.
As part of designing your life you will be thinking a lot about this.
You don’t want to get into late middle age and wonder what the hell you have done with your life!
Life is short and needs to be lived with passion and intent.
Having the goal of making money, or winning design awards, as your life’s purpose is a good recipe for a mid-life crisis.
You have to make money to succeed, and winning design awards will probably help you succeed, but they should be understood as a means to an end.
And that end is something you need think very carefully about.
Some purposes that serve people well include increasing the wellbeing of your community; providing your clients with consulting that makes a real difference to their success; designing projects that reduce environmental harm; and designing projects that increase the quality of life for the people who will use the project.
As designers, we have a wonderful opportunity and responsibility to create things that improve the lives of others, and this provides wonderful opportunities for practitioners to find very rich and meaningful careers.

3. Develop a 20-Year Plan
Whenever I tell young interns this, they seem incredulous, and typically tell me that they are having a hard enough time figuring out what they want to do over the next five years, let alone twenty years.
But there is a very good reason for having a 20-year plan. A 20-year plan is really the length of a well-thought-out career, and therefore, if you are looking to plan a meaningful career, you will need to think about it in a 20-year time frame.
This is in no way at odds with the fact that most professionals change jobs or positions on average every five years. A job is not a career.
A job is simply a place of employment with defined roles and responsibilities.
In designing a career, you should be looking at it as a life’s project, and it having a beginning, middle, and end.
The beginning of your career provides you with the knowledge and expertise you will need to be successful in your mid-career.
And mid-career experience provides you with the foundations to build your legacy in your late career.
The objection I hear most often to creating a 20-year plan is that “I might change my mind about my career direction as I go along.” Actually, you will most likely change your mind as you go along, and you should make a point of taking stock each year about whether or not your 20-year plan still makes sense. But the planning process is still very useful.
One of the most important things a 20-year plan does is that it provides your unconscious brain with a map of what is important, and once your brain has this map, everything in the environment that in any way relates to your plan will be picked up by your brain and brought quickly into focus.
In other words, it is a way of your brain cutting through the clutter and noise of everyday life to make sense of what is important to you and what is not.

4. Business 101
Most architecture schools do not provide you with a good grounding in the business aspects of architecture practice.
So, before you quit your day-job to start your own practice, it’s probably worth taking a continuing ed course at your local college or university on how to start and run a small business.
It will teach you the basics of sales, marketing, bookkeeping, and managing your team.
I would also recommend taking a course in negotiation. Architects, for some reason, are typically terrible negotiators, especially in negotiations for fair compensation for their services!
And you will also want to start building yourself a library of go-to business books.
One of the best books you can read on how to lead, manage, and develop business for a professional service firm is David Maister’s book, Managing the Professional Service Firm.
This is certainly my go-to bible for understanding how to successfully lead and manage a design practice.
I don’t think there is any better advice out there than Maister’s wise and insightful guidance.

5. Read, Read, Read
I think that one of the most important ingredients for success is to be constantly at the intersections of culture, science and technology, and business, and to do so you will need to be constantly reading – reading books, blogs (like Archipreneur), newspapers, and journals of all sorts.
You need to read both broadly and deeply. You need to understand the bigger world around you, but you also need to maintain your expertise in whatever your specialty niche is (and you will want to have at least a couple of specialty niches!).
So what is on my current reading list this month?
In addition to the standard journals and mags, I am reading: Before Happiness, by Shawn Achor; Hope in the Dark, by Rebecca Solnit; Designing Your Life, by Bill Burnett and Dave Evans; Surviving the 21st Century: Humanity’s Ten Great Challenges and How We Can Overcome Them by Julian Cribb; The Inevitable: Understanding the 12 Technological Forces That Will Shape Our Future, by Kevin Kelly; and The Subtle Art of Not Giving a F*ck by Mark Manson.

6. Find a Blue Ocean
This is a reference to W. Chan Kim and Renee Mauborgne’s book, Blue Ocean Strategy, that suggests that entrepreneurs look for business opportunities in uncontested waters – blue oceans – rather than competitive, bloody waters – red oceans.
This is good advice if you can find your own blue ocean.
One thing is for sure, in North America and Europe, architecture, urban planning, and design are mature markets with limited opportunity for new traditional practices.
If you are starting a traditional practice, you will be up against dozens, often hundreds of competitors who will have much deeper portfolios and much broader client networks than your new business will have.
So you will need to offer something that really differentiates you from your competitors.
Maybe you will be the new expert in computational design? Maybe you can team up with an emerging builder to become a niche design-build practice? Maybe you will be a developer-architect? Whatever you plan to do, you need to develop a “secret sauce” that your competitors will find difficult or impossible to copy.
When I started my own practice just as the Internet was emerging, I positioned myself as a “virtual architect” and used the Internet to pull together consultants from all over North America to do projects – mostly buddies from grad school.
But it sounded cool, and got me some good speaking gigs at conferences, and conferred a degree of uniqueness on my practice that got me noticed.

7. Build and Support Your Network
I have not met any successful entrepreneurs who do not have a deep network of people they trust and can rely on.
Networks are for support; networks are for leads; networks are for advice; networks are for collaboration.
Networks are the important bonds that allow you to see and realize potential opportunities.
One of the best guides to developing your network is Harvey Mackay’s book, Dig Your Well Before You’re Thirsty.
And one of the most important lessons in Mackay’s book is that networks are not to be exploited, but rather supported.
You build a network of people whom you will try to support, and care about, and they will in turn do the same for you.
I can’t say enough about how important building a good network is.
Without a good network success will be virtually impossible. And make sure your network is made up of smart, decent, and honest people, because as John Rohn once said, “You are the average of the five people you spend the most time with.”

8. Build Great Teams
Part of building a good network will be spotting great talent for your team.
Unless you plan to work as a sole practitioner, you will need to build a great team to be successful.
Volumes have been written on how to recruit, manage, and inspire great teams, and you will need to familiarize yourself with the field of management and leadership if you are to be successful.
From my experience of leading both a small and a larger practice, there are three important aspects of building and leading great teams that you will want to focus on.
The first is talent spotting, long-term networking, and relationship building with future potential team members.
The second is selecting and hiring the right team members.
And the third is leading, inspiring, and nurturing your team.
For the long-term growth of your practice, talent spotting will be one of your most important tasks – and one not often talked about in management and leadership literature. How do you spot great future team members? You always need to be looking!
When you are at industry conferences; when you are giving public presentations; when you are at professional industry events of any kind, you should be constantly on the lookout for future talent.
And when do you spot bright, able, ambitious, innovative people, make a point of connecting with them and building a relationship.
Make them an important part of your network. At some point in the future the stars may align and you may be able to invite them to be part of your team. Talent is a long game!

9. Take Care of Yourself
You will not be able to succeed in any new venture unless you are physically and mentally up to the challenge – and can maintain your physical and mental stamina over the long haul.
You will be pulled in a thousand different directions when you start your practice, and you will continue to have a private life with its own demands and stresses.
So you will need to learn how to take care of yourself to manage your energy, and your physical and mental health.
There are two very important things you should be doing, even when things are crazy busy – in fact especially when things are crazy busy.
First, you should set aside a minimum of an hour at least three to four times per week for exercise – some combination of cardio and resistance weight training.
Second, learn how to meditate and do so each day. If you are new to meditation try the Headspace App on your iPhone or Android.
I have talked with a number of entrepreneurs who say they could not function without exercise and meditation, and most accounts of successful entrepreneurs I have read have said the same.

10. Be a Rational Optimist
Of the list of ten lessons learned, this lesson may be the most important.
My personal experience over the past 25 years of practice has taught me to make every possible effort to see failures and setbacks as doors to new insights and opportunities that one would not have otherwise been able to see.
As a personal coach I know asks when one of her clients runs into a particularly difficult setback: “What is the gift provided by this situation that you would not have otherwise had access to without the setback?”
This is a powerful re-framing question because it cleverly redirects your brain away from the negative emotions associated with the setback, and forces it to start exploring new opportunities that may exposed by what you might otherwise simply see as a failure.
This turn of mind is what I like to call rational optimism – an optimism founded on the realities of a difficult set of circumstances, where you are willing to explore the positive opportunities that may be inherent in those circumstances.
For example, like most architecture firms in North America, we are experiencing significant fee competition based simply on the supply and demand for architectural and engineering services.
This fee pressure is making it ever more difficult to maintain the high levels of both expertise and client service that our firm is known for.
Instead of cutting both service and expertise to remain fee competitive, we have instead been heavily investing in various design and production technologies that will allow us to be more effective and productive and even improve client service.
So as you face significant challenges and even failures, keep asking yourself: “What’s the gift?”
There are no guarantees of success in this world, and starting a business venture in the design sector is especially fraught with challenges.
But your chances of success will most likely be greater if you look for ways to deploy, in your own fashion, these ten principles.
Most importantly, try to be a rational optimist.
Business, like life, is one challenge after another.
Do your best to look at these challenges as opportunities to learn and grow.
So always ask yourself when you are faced with a tough challenge, or a failure, “what’s the gift?” Good luck and have fun!
Craig Applegath is the founding principal of DIALOG’s Toronto Studio, and a passionate designer who believes in the power of built form to meaningfully improve the wellbeing of communities and the environment they are part of.
Since graduating from the Graduate School of Design at Harvard University with a Master of Architecture in Urban Design Craig has focused his energies on leading innovative planning and design projects that address the complex challenges facing our communities, as well as on his advocacy of sustainable building design and urban regeneration and symbiosis.
Craig’s area of practice includes the master planning and design of institutional projects, including cultural and museum, post-secondary education, and healthcare facilities.
In addition to his professional practice responsibilities, Craig speaks about his research and design explorations at conferences and workshops internationally.
This has included recent presentations at conferences in Prague, Munich and Beijing.
Craig was a founding Board Member of Sustainable Buildings Canada, and a Past President of the Ontario Association of Architects.
Craig has lectured or taught at Harvard, the University of Toronto, the University of Waterloo, as well as at many professional and sector related conferences around the world.
In 2001 Craig was made a Fellow of the Royal Architectural Institute of Canada for his contributions to the profession.

出处:本文译自www.archdaily.com/,转载请注明出处。

【专筑网版权与免责声明】:本网站注明“来源:专筑网”的所有内容版权属专筑网所有,如需转载,请注明出处

专于设计,筑就未来

无论您身在何方;无论您作品规模大小;无论您是否已在设计等相关领域小有名气;无论您是否已成功求学、步入职业设计师队伍;只要你有想法、有创意、有能力,专筑网都愿为您提供一个展示自己的舞台

投稿邮箱:submit@iarch.cn         如何向专筑投稿?

扫描二维码即可订阅『专筑

微信号:iarch-cn

登录专筑网  |  社交账号登录:

匿名

没有了...
评论加载中,请稍后!

新闻 (722 articles)

建筑 (13375 articles)

建筑业 (12 articles)

建筑实践 (6 articles)

经验 (32 articles)